Not all ACT test prep programs are equal. There are superior ones and inferior courses, and there are those that fall in between. So how do you choose the best ACT test prep program that will support you in achieving the best ACT score possible? Here are some tips to consider:
- Is the price justifiable? The cost for ACT test prep programs varies widely, whether they may be online or offline. There are those that are offered for free, or at low-end prices to really pricey ones, costing thousands of dollars. What about free ACT test prep courses? There is a lot of misinformation about those, and learners ought to know the difference. There are quality and credible free ACT test prep programs, especially online, and students (and their parents) ought to caution against the notion of “getting what you pay for” in online test prepping, although some of them might be true. Some of these programs provide a tutor for support, or a customized study plans for their customers. The point when it comes to this is to ask yourself what you are willing to pay for. Thoroughly assess what the company has to offer in relation to the price that they ask for. Primarily, you should determine if the price you are paying for your ACT test prep is justifiable.
- Who created the product? Basically, you have to have a solid inkling about the people behind the product. Who are the makers of the ACT test prep course that you are considering? You’ll find claims that the product has been created by experts, high scorers and high degree holders. You thus have to take a good look at the bios along with the mission of the company. How many and in what ways have they helped learners in passing their exams (with flying colors)? Are they selective in the kind of students that they want to assist? How is their customer support? Were they responsive when you communicated with them? Are they people who are passionate in what they are doing?
- What is the quantity of the practice tests that they offer? You have to gauge this pertaining to the extent of the practice tests that you need to take according to your test prep program. You have to keep in mind that an effective ACT test prep plan would require you to take official practice tests from the ACT. Official ACT practice tests are the meat of the matter for an effectual test prep. The practice tests that online study plans provide are merely supplements to this most essential learning tool.
- Do they offer quality practice tests? It makes sense to choose quality over quantity in terms of practice tests. How do you determine this in choosing the best ACT test prep program? Check the practice questions featured in their site and compare it with the items in an official ACT practice test. Are they similar in style and difficulty? Test drive their products by evaluating the free sample questions or video lessons that they offer.
- Is their advice strategy of good quality? What sort of test prepping and taking advice do they offer? Do they guide you in seeing the pattern of the ACT test? Do they facilitate you in the types of questions that are frequently encountered in it? What makes typically “wrong” answers in the test? With their help, are you able to work the questions backwards in ways that the test creators wouldn’t expect you to? In a gist, can you learn valuable test-taking tips, tricks and secrets from the company and their products?
- Do they receive positive reviews and feedback? Go over what other people are saying about the company. Are their reviews favorable? Were their previous customers happy with the services and products that they have offered? Did they produce good results i.e., high ACT scores? As much as the opinions of these people are important, you should also take them with a grain of salt. Take a good look at the whole scenario when choosing the best ACT test prep program. Other than getting what you pay for, you should likewise be wary of wasting your time and effort because of using the wrong study plan.