Effective Business English for Service Staff
Your comprehensive guide to more effective English communication – for office administration, retail and hospitality!
What you’ll learn
- organise meetings – send invitations, contact participants, write the agenda and take the Minutes
- meet and greet guests to your company, and engage in small talk
- understand and use English business jargon – both written and spoken
- describe your products and services, and engage in simple sales conversations with potential customers
- You should already be familiar with English (CEF A2 level), and ideally be working in an office or administrative environment.
- You will ideally have access to a printer, as many lectures are accompanied by worksheets which are best printed and filled in. These worksheets support the learning in the lectures.
Do you organise in English-language meetings? Take phone calls from English-speaking clients? Need to send English emails? Attend trade fairs where English is spoken?
And is English your second language?
This course is for non-native English speakers needing frontline skills in:
- planning meetings
- preparing meeting agendas and writing the minutes
- taking phone calls and messages
- greeting visitors to the company
- sending English emails about your company, products or services
- talking to clients or potential customers
So if you work in administration or sales, and if you have lower-intermediate or intermediate English language skills then this course is for you!
I’m a professional, qualified and experienced English trainer with over 9 years’ experience teaching business English to companies and individuals here in Germany. I base my training on many years’ experience working in the public and private sectors in Australia, and believe that learning by doing is the most effective way.
In this course you’ll listen, watch, read, write and produce your own meeting Invitations, Agendas, Minutes and more! You’ll hear phone calls, take messages, write about your products and services.
And – you’ll have direct contact with me, your teacher, and I’ll work with you every step of the way.
By the end of this course you will be a confident and effective communicator in Business English!
Who this course is for:
- This Business English course is for non-native English speakers with a pre-intermediate / intermediate level of English.
- This course is probably not for advanced speakers of English, as it covers business topics at an intermediate level.
- As this course has sections focused on the differences and similarities between German and English-speaking business cultures, it may not be relevant or interesting to learners outside those contexts.
STUDENT FEEDBACK AND REVIEWS
For reaching more review, you can click to this link.
This course is a Udemy course. We created a page that included frequently asked questions we receive about Udemy. For going on the page, please click here.