Business English: Easy English for Meetings
Plan and participate in business meetings using effective business English in this intermediate-level ESL course!
What you’ll learn
- send and amend formal and informal meeting invitations
- prepare an agenda for formal and informal meetings
- engage in small talk with meeting attendees, using standard phrases and “safe” small talk topics
- participate effectively in meetings, using standard phrases for interjections, agreeing, disagreeing and asking for clarification
- You should have access to a printer or computer, as there are downloadable resources which accompany many lectures, and they include extra activities (which support the learning in the lectures)
Do you participate in English-language meetings?
Do you need to prepare an agenda in English? Write the minutes in English?
And is English your second language?
This course is specifically for non-native English speakers needing skills in planning and participating in meetings. So if you work in administration or management, for a large company or small business, and if you have lower-intermediate or intermediate English language skills then this course is for you!
I’m a professional, qualified and experienced English trainer with over 9 years’ experience teaching business English to companies and individuals. I base my training on many years’ experience working in the public and private sectors in Australia, and believe that learning by doing is the most effective way.
So in this course you’ll listen, watch, read, write and produce your own Invitations, Agendas, Minutes and more! You’ll have direct contact with me, your teacher, and I’ll work with you every step of the way.
By the end of this course you will be a confident and effective communicator in English, and a professional at planning and participating in meetings!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for non-native speakers of English with an intermediate level (equivalent to CEF A2 – B1, under the Common European Framework of Languages)
- This course is not for beginner (CEF A1) speakers of English, nor for native English speakers, though native English speakers wishing to learn how to plan and participate in a meeting may get value from this course.
What you’ll learn
- Learn ALL necessary grammar rules to ACE the SAT Writing
- Take 8 FULL length SAT Writing Exams
- Understand video solutions for ALL 176 exam questions
- Know the question types for all your incorrect answers and at what frequency you are getting them wrong
- Identify weaknesses based on statistical feedback of incorrect question type and frequency
- Generate accurate excel graphs of your performance for each question type [pre-formulated excel file provided]
- Learn procedures to approach similar question types systematically
- Compare questions of the same type to notice relationships
STUDENT FEEDBACK AND REVIEWS
For reaching more review, you can click to this link.
This course is a Udemy course. We created a page that included frequently asked questions we receive about Udemy. For going on the page, please click here.