English for Business and Law – Intellectual Property Law
Improve your business and legal English while learning about intellectual property law.
What you’ll learn
- Essential legal and business language to improve English skills in the workplace or in university study.
- Key English vocabulary that business and law students must know.
- Reading skills developed through exercises based on real legal texts.
- Listening skills improved by responding to dialogs between lawyers and clients.
- Nothing! Designed for intermediate English language learners, but no specific prerequisites.
This course develops business and legal English vocabulary, legal reading skills and listening. It covers five kinds of intellectual property protection: copyright, trademarks, patents, trade secrets and design right. There are several lectures on each topic, and there are also many activities so you can really practise and improve your business and legal English quickly. These include:
- Vocabulary development quizzes and tests. Identify the key words for this topic and practice them many times in different legal situations. This is a fast way to increase your understanding of business and legal vocabulary.
- Listening to lawyers give advice to clients about their business and legal needs. With comprehension exercises to help develop your understanding of intellectual property law and how to discuss these topics in business and legal fields.
- Listening to clients discuss their business problems. With comprehension exercises to help you understand problems and issues clients might face with this field of law.
- Reading contracts and other legal documents related to intellectual property law. With activities to help you understand these legal documents.
- Links to online apps like Quizlet where you can further practice the vocabulary in this course.
Join “English for Business and Law – Intellectual Property Law”. It’s the fastest way to improve your business and legal English.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for anyone developing and improving their English language who studies or works in business or law.
- Anyone who wants to learn the basics of Intellectual Property Law: copyright, trademarks, patents, trade secrets or design right.
STUDENT FEEDBACK AND REVIEWS
For reaching more review, you can click to this link.
David Wallace, MA, Dip TESOL, Dip Teaching
I have taught legal and business English for the last 25 years in businesses and universities in six different countries. Over that time I have developed courses that help learners to gain new language skills fast. In my courses we focus on the key English vocabulary and essential reading and listening skills that you need to be successful in work or study.
This course is a Udemy course. We created a page that included frequently asked questions we receive about Udemy. For going on the page, please click here.