Management Reporting, Measurements & Money
Learn how to understand and express profits, prices, percentages, measurements, ranking, graphs, scores, results & more.
What you’ll learn
- How to express very large and very small numbers
- How to use approximations
- How to say “zero” multiple ways (oh, nought, nil … )
- How to report budgets and forecasts
- How to discuss rankings and ratings
- How to compare figures (including percentages and fractions)
- How to present survey and test results
- How to talk about money and foreign exchange
- How to set prices and discounts
- How to tell the time and date
- How to describe charts, tables and graphs
- How to understand dimensions and measurements
- An intermediate level of English (B2 or higher)
This course aims to help participants become more comfortable dealing with numbers in English. This skill is so important for professionals who are conducting international trade, delivering presentations, participating in meetings, or analysing and sharing data. Additionally, it’s crucial to know how to tell the time, work with dates and understand monetary amounts in English.
It is so easy to make mistakes when talking about figures, and misunderstandings can be very expensive. These videos and quizzes are designed to eliminate confusion, and reduce mistakes. It’s a subject that does not get covered very often, as not all English language trainers are comfortable themselves talking about numbers.
The course is composed of :
- approximately 7 hours of training video (with clear subtitles and diagrams)
- 16 quizzes of between 5 and 15 questions each
- 3 Quizlets – self-study flashcards using various learning tools and games
Your trainer Sean was born in London, and worked in insurance and banking for 15 years before setting up his own companies in retail and wine. Sean learnt French and German as an adult, and has taught business English since 2008: he holds the CertIbet Business English Teaching Certificate from Trinity College, London.
The lessons and tests cover the following subjects:
Expressing very large and very small numbers, approximations, saying zero, reporting on budgets and forecasts, discussing rankings and ratings, comparing figures (including percentages and fractions), survey and test results, money and foreign exchange, prices, talking about the time and date, describing charts, and understanding dimensions and measurements.
If you are happy with this training you can sign up to the follow-up courses which will cover some of the above subjects in more detail, as well as mathematical functions and Imperial Measurements,.
We look forward to helping you improve your business English and grow in your development. Numbers are a very important part of office communication, being able to talk about them more confidently is a huge advantage in the workplace.
Who this course is for:
- Professionals looking to perfect their English
- Students about to enter international business
STUDENT FEEDBACK AND REVIEWS
For reaching more review, you can click to this link.
I worked in international reinsurance, medical underwriting and risk selection for ten years in London and Paris before spending five years as Director of Operations of an insurance company in France. Since 2007 I have been drawing on this background – and my own experience of learning French and German in-company – to write and deliver face-to-face courses for individuals and groups as well as on-line training content.
Having studied economics at university, I have since achieved a WSET Level 3 qualification, a professional business English training certificate from Trinity College London, and worked as an English language trainer in large corporations and universities.
Teaching is my passion, and I love using my unique experience to help students achieve their goals.
This course is a Udemy course. We created a page that included frequently asked questions we receive about Udemy. For going on the page, please click here.