The SAT Essay: A Start to Finish Writing Guide
This is a color-coded system for writing the SAT essay. Includes a prompt and 3 example essays to improve your score.
What you’ll learn
- Understand the prompt and what it’s asking
- Explain how certain persuasive devices are persuasive
- Read a passage and identify persuasive devices
- Write a thesis statement
- Compose a 5 paragraph essay in response to the SAT prompt
- Experience with high school level English and writing a 5 paragraph essay
This course will guide you through writing the SAT Essay from start to finish. Preparation will minimize your stress leading up to test day. Believe it or not, much of the work can actually be done before the test, like understanding the prompt, knowing how to read the passage, and knowing how certain persuasive device are persuasive. This course will cover that. It will also provide you with a writing system that can be used with any passage. The system breaks down the essay into elements so that each sentence has a purpose (color). The color-coding system helps with essay organization and ensures that each sentence is purposeful. Together, we will use the system to read a passage, find the persuasive devices, and write a 5-paragraph essay. Also included in this course are helpful downloads:
Quick Tips for the SAT Essay
Persuasive Devices Chart
Marked-Up “Let There Be Dark”
Example Essays (1, 2, and 3)
Marked-Up Example Essays (1, 2, and 3)
Who this course is for:
- Individuals who want to know which persuasive devices are important
- Individuals who need to know how certain persuasive devices are persuasive
- Individuals who benefit from using a system or process when writing – a system that will work with any passage.
- Individuals who need the essay broken down in detail – all the way to the specific purpose of each sentence
- Individuals who benefit from having a “visual” explanation using a color-coding system
- Individuals who want to see the essay composed from start to finish
- Individuals who need the structure and guidance of a teacher, but want the flexibility and affordability of an online class
- Individuals who need the entire SAT Essay explained, starting with the prompt and ending with writing an essay
STUDENT FEEDBACK AND REVIEWS
For reaching more review, you can click to this link.
I’m Elizabeth Yoshida, a private tutor and public school teacher. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area with my husband and two sons. When I’m not teaching, I enjoy reading, cooking, and being active. My passion for education led me to online courses for the potential to reach more students. I’m so excited to have this opportunity to teach with Udemy and share my course.
This course is a Udemy course. We created a page that included frequently asked questions we receive about Udemy. For going on the page, please click here.
There are no reviews yet.