English Grammar and Basic Writing – Dale Ingham
Everything YOU Need to Master Proper Grammar and Basic Writing
What you’ll learn
You will learn ALL of the basic English grammar rules in a logical, EASY to understand style.
You will be able to write and speak correctly and confidently.
Get answers to all your English grammar questions from an accomplished writing and communications professor
After watching each video lesson, you will do a quiz or assignment to review and reinforce the knowledge you have gained.
You will learn about the writing process, sentence structure, and paragraph construction.
How to write an effective and basic five paragraph essay.
The course is designed to help YOU become a better writer.
A desire to learn and master English grammar.
Basic listening and reading ability.
Be prepared to watch professionally produced audio/visual lectures.
Enjoy several animated musical educational short films and have some fun.
You are encouraged to ask questions. I am here to help YOU improve your English and basic writing.
This is the go-to course if you are interested in learning English Grammar and improving your basic writing skills. You will benefit from the course by understanding the rules of grammar, learning the valuable foundational principles of standard written English, and discovering how to write correctly and effectively. Whether you are a beginner (ESL) or more advanced writer, after watching the videos and doing the quizzes and activities, you will see the difference in your writing (and speaking) and be more confident of success in college, in the workplace, and in life because you have learned the basic writing skills you need today. Filled with clear instruction and examples, the course allows you to test your knowledge and practice what you learn. Gain the skills you need by signing up today!
- MUST SEE: Have fun playing “Grammar Jeopardy” with Dale’s cat, Romeo (and other fun surprises)!
“As a professor at four colleges and universities in the United States, I’m happy to provide you my experience of 26 years of teaching writing by offering you this course.” —Dale, your instructor
After taking this course, students will . . .
- Understand the basics of English grammar and writing.
- Improve their writing by understanding the rules of grammar and usage.
- Master the use of the English language by learning the parts of speech, correct punctuation, and sentence and paragraph structure.
- Learn to avoid fragments, run-on sentences, and comma splices.
- Master subject-verb agreement.
- Be empowered by writing clearly, more effectively, and with confidence and grace.
- Learn how to compose a five paragraph essay, which will arm the student with an understanding of how to write lengthier, formal essays.
- Develop the command of grammar and language necessary to succeed in higher education or teach effectively in elementary, middle, and/or secondary schools.
- Increase the likelihood of job advancement and promotion because of their NEW command of English Grammar and basic writing.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning English Grammar and improving their basic writing skills, including the person who wants to speak correctly. The ESL student will also benefit.
STUDENT FEEDBACK AND REVIEWS
Lillian Negron: I have learned a lot of new things that weren’t taught to me before. Being able to watch videos and having someone explain the sentences was very helpful.
Chelsey Nievez:Thank you for offering this while taking your course, it helped me learn more about how to develop great writing skills.
For reaching more review, you can click to this link.
Dale has a unique educational background and experience in the field of communications. He has worked in radio as an on-air news director and disc jockey, a videographer for a weekly local television program, has produced commercials for cable-TV. His own state-of-the-art, video/film production company produced his first feature, the romantic-thriller, Seduction of Innocence, in the 1990s.
As professor of communication, Dale has been teaching since October 1993; he teaches courses at several colleges and universities, including public speaking, art of film, and writing courses.
Dale enjoys fine dining, sporting events—especially baseball—thoroughbred horse racing, driving his Mustang convertible, attending musical theater, and of course, movies.
Dale is included in the 2001 edition of Marquis Who’s Who in the World.
This course is a Udemy course. We created a page that included frequently asked questions we receive about Udemy. For going on the page, please click here.