Refine your Vocabulary – Huyen Pham
What you’ll learn
- This course will help you learn to convey your intended meaning more precisely when you write and when you speak.
You should be able to use English at an intermediate level
You should have intermediate understanding of the English grammar and vocabulary
In this course, you will find 40 most commonly used words in the English languages, and you will learn their replacement words, together with their specific definitions and the examples of how to use them.
- After each lesson, there are quizzes which test your knowledge about other alternatives to the common words in the preceding lesson, a more thorough list of alternatives or synonyms for the common word. Although this list may not include all synonyms, we’ve listed the most relevant alternatives.
- There are also practice tests to make sure that you can use the replacement words in the right contexts.
Because common words in the English language can be vague, or sometimes cause confusion in a sentence, this course will teach you how to choose specific alternatives to these common words, which helps you to more precisely convey your intended meaning.
Refine Your Vocabulary course is for middle-school and high school students who are learning English, for adults who need to use academic and formal English in their profession and for those wishing to improve their vocabulary to be more effective in what they say.
(Course image was created by Doodle from Freepik)
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to expanding their repertoire of words, especially in academic writing
- Anyone eager to improve their vocabulary to be more effective, concise and powerful in what they say.
STUDENT FEEDBACK AND REVIEWS
Yersonmaldonado: Excelent course
Sarah Malik:It was enjoyable the only suggestion add more complex words.
Ajose Paul Olamiposi: Very simple and educative.
For reaching more review, you can click to this link.
My exposure and practice with the English language has had a consistent and long-standing history; initially developed during my academic years as a undergraduate student, and refined to a professional standard during my current employment as an IELTS Instructor. Specifically relating to teaching English, I have over six years of experience in various settings; from privately tutoring students in one-on-one sessions at home to lecturing full classrooms in universities. My varied and dynamic history has allowed me to foster the skills necessary to complete a myriad of tasks and objectives relating to teaching English.
Regarding qualifications, I have:
- IELTS band score of 8.5 in 2016 (provided by British Council)
- IELTS band score of 8.5 in 2012 (provided by IDP),
- Certificate of Advanced English (from Cambridge University),
- 160 hour TESOL/ TEFL certificate (provided by Global Leadership College, Canada), and
- Degree of Bachelor in Business Administration from Foreign Trade University – Hanoi.
Regarding experience, I have:
- Instructed students from a myriad of backgrounds; from high school students to doctors,
- Provided lessons in Vietnam Maritime University as well as private tutoring in students’ homes,
- Authored and compiled IELTS preparation material,
- Constructed and oversaw practice examinations, and,
- Trained volunteer English teachers in proper educational procedure.
In addition to the aforementioned experience, I believe I demonstrate the following personal qualities;
- A core belief in practicing professional standards,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Ability to multitask and prioritise,
- Honest and reliable; with a strong work ethic and;
- Willing to learn, take up new challenges, and follow directions / advice.
This course is a Udemy course. We created a page that included frequently asked questions we receive about Udemy. For going on the page, please click here.