English Basics: Start Using English At Work Today!
Use basic English confidently to greet and introduce yourself, give contact information and talk about your routine.
What you’ll learn
- Introduce themselves and their colleagues in a business setting
- Use and conjugate the verb “to be” correctly (positive, negative and question forms), for use when talking about people’s professions
- Dictate email contact information
- Speak confidently and correctly about work and leisure routines and activities, using the present simple tense
- Form questions about other people’s routines and activities correctly and confidently
- Read and understand basic text about a person’s working day
- Answer simple reading comprehension questions
- Answer questions in English using short answer forms
- Learners will need a basic understanding of English to get the most from this course
- Please note that some activities are best completed on paper, in written format, so you will be advised to print out some lecture material.
An ideal starter course if you have an elementary level of English and would like to learn English online to help your career!
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Greet new business partners
- Introduce yourself and your colleagues confidently
- Use and conjugate the verb “to be” correctly
- Dictate email contact information effectively
You will also get chance to develop your job titles vocabulary.
You will then learn how to:
- Talk about your work routine using the most basic English tense: the present simple
- Ask questions about other people’s routines
- Understand texts connected with people’s working lives
You will also get chance to develop vocabulary connected to work and leisure activities.
All 5* English online classes aim to give relevant, modern English for business. You can enjoy learning English for your career (or leisure!) with courses that integrate focus on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation with real-life situations. Modules are presented using a variety of formats to help you learn effectively.
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for non-native speakers of English who need to improve their English skills for work
- This course is aimed at those with an elementary level of English
- This course is probably not for you if you are looking for English outside the business setting, or if you have an intermediate (or higher) level of English
STUDENT FEEDBACK AND REVIEWS
For reaching more review, you can click to this link.
I have over 8 years’ experience teaching English to speakers of other languages, teaching at all levels and to varying ages, both in the classroom and on-line. I was a teacher of English in St. Petersburg, Russia, for over 3 years after completing my BA degree in German and Russian (The University of Manchester).
Based in my home town of Manchester in the UK, I now specialise in delivering English lessons on-line. As a business founder and former export marketer, I am able to help learners understand and speak modern, relevant English for use within the business setting. I have often used my own foreign language skills in my everyday work and would be happy to help you do that confidently too!
In any case, I hope to support you in your English studies and wish you all the best!
This course is a Udemy course. We created a page that included frequently asked questions we receive about Udemy. For going on the page, please click here.