Beyond English: IELTS Academic Writing Task 1
Get a higher score in IELTS and change your future
What you’ll learn
- Write a high scoring answer in IELTS Academic Writing Task 1
- Write clearly and coherently with an organised structure
- Skillfully use stylistic language to describe charts, graphs and diagrams
- Understand what the examiner is actually grading you on.
- Confidently pick out key information from charts, graphs, maps and diagrams.
- Students will need an Intermediate to Advanced level of English to understand and use this course (B2-C1 is recommended)
This is one in a series of courses based on test preparation for the IELTS Academic exam. This part focuses on WRITING TASK 1. In this course you will find:
- 2 hours of lectures about Writing Task 1
- Over 20 PDF pages of Grammar and Vocabulary Exercises, and Practice Exam questions with tips and answers.
- Tuition from an experienced IELTS teacher from the UK
- A copy of the Band Descriptions for Writing Task 1 that the examiners uses to grade your paper
- Modal answers with explanations
- General advice on how to describe numbers, charts, diagrams and maps in English
The course is broken into several sections:
- An introduction to the IELTS exam and Writing Task 1
- Advice on how to skillfully write about numbers, percentages, trends, comparisons and size.
- Line graphs and Structure
- Other visuals with numbers: Bar Charts, Pie Charts and Tables
- Diagrams and Processes
This course does not only give you advice and tell you what to do. We will also take exam questions, answer them with you and show you what the examiner is looking for. Take this course to improve your English Writing ability, prepare yourself for Writing Task 1 in the exam and get the score that you require to change your life.
Who this course is for:
- Students that are looking for a 5-9 IELTS Academic exam score.
- Students that are new to IELTS, and those who already have IELTS experience.
- Those who wish to study or work in an English speaking country.
- People that are required to take the Academic IETLS exam (not the General exam). However, there are some tips and advice here that may improve your English writing ability – no matter which exam you need to do.
- Here, we will only give advice about Writing Task 1. If you are looking for tips on other parts of the IELTS exam, please look at our other courses.
STUDENT FEEDBACK AND REVIEWS
For reaching more review, you can click to this link.
I am an English Teacher from the UK. I have been teaching for around 10 years. I specialize in Business English and IELTS training. I also speak Spanish, French and some Mandarin and Portuguese. I was born in Birmingham, UK and studied Spanish, French and Portuguese at Sheffield University. I have lived and taught in many countries during my life including Guatemala, Honduras, France, Spain and China. I have a Bachelors degree and over 160 Hours of ESL training. I have worked for one of the World’s largest English training centers (Wall Street English). I am now the COO of Beyond English, a company specializing in IELTS and corporate English training.
Hi everyone, I am Dane. I am passionate about teaching English in a fun, interactive and above all, practical way. That’s why my company has created these easy to watch videos to learn anytime any place. I have over 6 years of experience teaching English, in England and abroad in Asia. I’m really excited about bringing my experience and expertise to a wider market to help create a better learning environment for people. I hope these videos really benefit people to improve their jobs and lives. I hope you enjoy them!
This course is a Udemy course. We created a page that included frequently asked questions we receive about Udemy. For going on the page, please click here.